Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Kapa Haka regionals

On the 17 of November, Te Rau Pou Manawa O Kawakawa (our Kapa Haka roopu) went to Te Tai Tokerau Kapa Haka Regionals. There were eight intermediate roopu and four primary school roopu. We placed 3rd for waiata tira, 3rd for whakaeke, 3rd for whaikorero, 3rd for moteatea, 2nd for waiata aringa, 3rd for poi, 3rd for whakawatea, and 1st equal for kaitataki wahine. We came 3rd in the intermediate section and 4th overall, which qualified us for nationals next year in waikato. We were really happy with our results and are super excited for next year. Here is a video of our performance please enjoy.



2 comments:

  1. You should be very proud of your achievements Leilani.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Leilani. My name is Maumahara. I am a student in Nga Rau Rangatira and I go to Kawakawa primary school. I really like the post of us form last yrs kapa haka. It make me feel sad because I miss all of the people from last yrs kapa haka. Maybe you should do one of you in Ki te toanga when yous go to regionals. Here is a link to my blog http://kpsmaumaharah.blogspot.com/. Blog you later.

    ReplyDelete